Endosomes Imaging Analysis
The endosome is a dynamic membrane network, and the organelles within it are mainly as early endosomes, late endosomes and circulating endosomes according to the flow of different cargo molecules. All internalized molecules are transported to the early endosomes, which are scattered around the cell and fill up with cargo within two to five minutes after internalization. Then most of the ligands are separated from their cognate receptors and delivered to late endosomes and lysosomes for degradation together with liquid phase materials. The receptor is recovered for a new round of internalization. The remaining part accumulates in a membrane composed of a tubular vesicle structure located near the center of the microtubule tissue. The wrong transport of different metabolites and signaling molecules will lead to various diseases. Therefore, the visualization analysis of endosomes is very important for the study of biological processes and the diagnosis of diseases.
Figure 1. Image analysis of endosomal confocal microscope (Foret L, et al. 2012).
Endosomes Imaging Analysis
The macroscopic dynamic behavior of endosome network shows the characteristics not found in individual endosomes, but comes from the collective interaction of many endosomes in the process of self-organization. Therefore, visual study of the interaction between different endosomes in the process of fusion, fission and transformation can control vesicle targeting, protein sorting or cytoskeleton interaction, which will help to improve the efficiency and coordination of these processes.
CD BioSciences uses a cell-based quantitative high-resolution imaging method to study the flow of endosomal network metabolites and signaling molecules. We use fluorescently labeled LDL as the endocytosis marker of the degradation pathway, and perform high-resolution imaging analysis of the cells with an automatic confocal microscope to obtain the endocytic transport rate of the cells.
Endosomes Imaging Analysis Workflow
The following are the specific experimental steps of endosomes imaging analysis:
Total LDL fluorescence intensity
The number of inner bodies and their cargo content
- High-sensitivity optical system to capture high-quality pictures
- Quantitative multi-parameter image analysis
- Does not damage the integrity of membrane structure and function
- Experienced scientists provide experimental consultation
- Reasonable price and short turnaround time
CD BioSciences has a professional team and advanced imaging equipment. The entire process of endosomes imaging analysis is operated by experienced technicians to ensure the accuracy of the experiment. If you have any needs, please feel free to contact us.
- Foret L, Dawson J E, Villaseñor R, et al. A general theoretical framework to infer endosomal network dynamics from quantitative image analysis[J]. Current Biology, 2012, 22(15): 1381-1390.
- Sönnichsen B, De Renzis S, Nielsen E, et al. Distinct membrane domains on endosomes in the recycling pathway visualized by multicolor imaging of Rab4, Rab5, and Rab11[J]. The Journal of cell biology, 2000, 149(4): 901-914.
*If your organization requires the signing of a confidentiality agreement, please contact us by email.
Please note: Our services can only be used for research purposes. Do not use in diagnostic or therapeutic procedures!